Sunday, December 3, 2006

Getting Ready!

It's been a crazy week, finalizing plans for my travel. Having been to Hanoi before and also being on a different schedule and adopting from a different orphanage from the other families traveling with the agency, I have booked my own hotel near the old town. I think I'll like the being in a central location. My local agency contact helped me confirm the room and make sure I'll have a crib when I get there.

I've also finalized my shopping list and my packing list, based on lists from my agency and from my previous travels. There is still a lot to do and today will be busy - one last trip to Babies R Us, for example. I've already bought a jacket and tie for my G&R ceremony (since I'm the only one adopting from this province this time, I'll have a private ceremony and must dress very properly, so I'm told). I'm piling things I need to take into the suitcase.

Yesterday, I learned realized that the backpack baby carrier will not fit in my big new suitcase. I hope I can carry it through security and check it plane-side without a kid. It will surely be destroyed if it goes as checked baggage.

I also bought a stroller yesterday at a garage sale. I took it all apart and washed everything thoroughly. Hopefully I can remember how to put it back together. This stroller won't come with me but I'll need it when I get back.

I wonder, does Evan know how his life will be changing in one week?