Thursday, December 7, 2006

Observations on my Flight


I did not have time yesterday to give a few observations on my flight here. From the moment I got on the plane, I was pretty much the only Caucasian person around. I don't recall seeing any on the plane. I was therefore singled out for special duties. The flight attendant asked me to help close a few overhead bins and also unscrew the cap on the bottled water. I was also asked to sit in the exit row. Was I somehow being stereotyped as taller and stronger than my fellow passengers? Who knows. Anyway, EVA was a cool airline and I liked the extra legroom of my seat. My Vietnam Airlines flight was great too. Best thing of all was that I was not hassled for carrying the baby backpack onboard (I was worried it would be destroyed if checked). Here's a picture of me reading the baby book on my flight from Taipei to Hanoi.